I need some help!

Y

yae4volcom

Well I have had my empty 12 gallon eclipse just sitting there for a few weeks. I have a powerhead and a heater, test-kits, salt, and upgrading lighting all ready. All I really need to do is fill it up with water and order my LR and LS. I want around 18 lb of LR and around 20 lb of LS. I have no idea where I could order these things. On this website all I can get is 40 lb which is just too much. I know giving out websites isnt alloud so if you could please plase email me at YouthAgainstEstablishment@Msn.com

elitsoh

i would just go to the lfs ...you wont need much ...by the time you would pay for shipping costs...for the small amount you need .probably wont save you any money

coloradodeb

I hear you, we have a small pet store, has one salt water tank, with nothing in it. I have found this site to be one of the best to order from. I have ordered stuff from our one store here, but it is rather expensive! Have found out that even with s/h it is WAY cheaper to order online. I also am from Colorado.

Y

yae4volcom

Where in Colorado? I am in Aspen and there is a very small pet store with different types of animals. The guy acctually has a pretty nice tank set up with different fish. The fish are for sale but the rock is not and niether is the sand. Any suggestions where I could get a small amount of rock and sand? I dont want to waste any because it is pretty expensive.

I would check around your town and see if there is a aquarist club or something like that. You might be able to go in with someone and order your LR and LS from SWF.com or where ever.
If not maybe you can fill your tank with base sand and rock and find a local hobbyist to sell you a small piece of LR and some LS to seed yours with.
Slower process but not nearly as expensive. HTH
Kevin

oregonbud

You could also try that big online auction site - I have seen lots of people selling 20 lb boxes of rock, as well as hobbiests selling rock that is in their tanks.
OT: You part of the Volcom team or just like the name?