I need to build a stand

yank30265

Bimensions of trim on tank are 48 3/8 long x 24 3/8 deep x 25 1/2 High; any good threads or links to this? I believe its a 120 and final weight will be 1100 lbs +/-

yank30265

I wanted to go that way myself and my lfs owner told me all his racks are built on 2x4 construction; hes got alot of weight on that. i WENT WITH 4X4 IN CORNERS (*caps lock) 2x2 length into notched 4x4 and 2x4 front to back. Tomorrow I will wrap it in 3/4 ply and cut out the doors. Im not sure if i want to go with a 2x4 vertical leg in the middle being its only 48" long but i have the wood and probably will just for hots and giggles. Thanks for the reply; Ill send some pics
when im done

gill again68

Originally Posted by yank30265
http:///forum/post/3228562
I wanted to go that way myself and my lfs owner told me all his racks are built on 2x4 construction; hes got alot of weight on that. i WENT WITH 4X4 IN CORNERS (*caps lock) 2x2 length into notched 4x4 and 2x4 front to back. Tomorrow I will wrap it in 3/4 ply and cut out the doors. Im not sure if i want to go with a 2x4 vertical leg in the middle being its only 48" long but i have the wood and probably will just for hots and giggles. Thanks for the reply; Ill send some pics
when im done
The support in the middle, I am without one for my 90 gal. I built my stand out of 2x4s and well its 10xs the stand that they sell online and at fish stores. I would recommend that you make that center leg so that you can remove it when you want to. I used a craig jig for my joints and love it. Post some pics when your done.