I neeeed it I want it

misslaina

I want to know what additives everyone uses. Brand, amount, and why. Come on you pros. I look at that stuff on the shelves and read the lables, and still am not sure what to use or why. I am mainly looking to boost coraline spread.

rickd

Originally Posted by misslaina
I want to know what additives everyone uses. Brand, amount, and why. Come on you pros. I look at that stuff on the shelves and read the lables, and still am not sure what to use or why. I am mainly looking to boost coraline spread.
Im using B-ionic works good for me. to boost that coraline it need calcium and it goes crazy.
my is everyware it likes plastic the best.

reefnut

Well let's see...
110g Tank
Ball's Pickling Lime-- 2 tsp per-gallon of makeup water 27/7-- calcium & alkalinity
Calcium Reactor with ARM media-- runs 24/7-- calcium & alkalinity & magnesium
55g Tank
B-Ionic 2-Part Additive-- as needed-- calcium & alkalinity
Both Tanks
Kent Turbo Calcium-- as needed for adjustments-- calcium
Kent Superbuffer-- as needed for adjustments-- alkalinity
Seachem Magnesium-- as needed for adjustments-- magnesium

peccavi18

oceanic salt - keeps all my levels up good with a 5 gal weekly water change on a 37 w/20gal sump. getting amazing coraline growth, at about 2 months and probably half my rocks are covered.(90% were base/dead rock) other than that I've never dosed added anything, I'm scared to accually, everything seems good don't want to change it -pecc

viper_930

I do weekly 5 gallon water changes on my 36 gallon with Coralife salt. Then the only additives I use are Kent's Superbuffer dKH (powder form) and Kent's Liquid Reactor only for corrections.

jjlittle

150 gal reef
kalkwasser dosed with float valve evap water.Run fresh water for evap I use Kent Liquid calcium.Kent Iodine every other week,Stronium Kent brand every other week,Iron every week,Water changes with Instant ocean salt every other week .AZ-NO3 just started a week ago for nitrate removal to see if works so far so good makes your skimmer really work lot of muk.If i stretch a water change I add Kent essentail elements.

promisetbg

thanks! I am taking notes. anyone else?
Since you are also in Florida,you should get Ocean's Blend's alk/ph
and calc{A&B}.It's made by a great guy right in Central Florida.
Here is "why"~
Grown in 18 months

mudplayerx

I drip kalkwasser every now and then. My coraline is pretty good and my calcium/alkalinity/ph have been steady ever since.

golfish

I neeeed it I want it

What we use means nothing at all....Why do you neeed it? your money is better spent on GOOD test kits that tell you what you need.