I promise you will find this very interesting

titan

I shall comment buddy and have to say thanks for sharing that. Eventhough he seems friendly I think my heart would beat a little faster going face to face with the big guy, especially after seeing him pop that urchin like a jam filled doughnut

sunburnt

They're very interesting animals, and the coloration of the ones in the LFSs around here has been a beautiful brilliant green... but it kinda annoys me that even websites group them in with true eels. And yeah, I'm betting he could crush a bone with those jaws! Seemed friendly, but mistakes happen! :scared:

dme

i didnt know they got that big.
The green wolf eel that most people get is the Congrogadus subducens which grows a max of 18" and the wolf species which you see in the video is the Anarrhichthys ocellatus, and grows a max of 8'

clownfish0

Originally Posted by DME
The green wolf eel that most people get is the Congrogadus subducens which grows a max of 18" and the wolf species which you see in the video is the Anarrhichthys ocellatus, and grows a max of 8'
I figured that wasn't the ones we see in the pet store

shawnlx86

I've always thought those eels are real cool. thanx for the vid. By the way if anyone lives near the the New England Aquarium in Boston, they have one or two of those bad boys on display.