I Saw What I Think is the Coolest Aquarium

happyvac

It was a circular tank...about 4x4 feet I'd guess. Filled with jellyfish. Must have been dozens of them.
Which made me wonder...how do aquariums keep such small tanks for fish? I saw a Scorpionfish in a 10g :jumping:

unleashed

large filter systems they run on multipal tanks.same also goes for LFS the fish may seam to have a 10 gal space to live in but they have 1000's of gallons of water flowing through them all.I once went to LFS that had a very healthy 2 ft nurse shark in a 20 gal long tank.it looked extremely healthy the owner had this shark for 2 yrs in this tank.the filter system this guy had was astonishing to say the least .not only did he sell sw fish he also sold pond fish , fw fish and it was inside of a greenhouse. he ran 5000'gal of water for each type of fish he had constantly running through natural filteration source.when i asked him how he kept this shark alive so long he explained the principal .the shark doesnt have enough space to move enough so he made water move through the shark.I did feel bad for the shark and would not buy any fish from him but i was amazed by his filteration.

mitzel

It's just like the zoo . There is a hiden door that opens at night so the fish can leave the exibit and go behind the wall and go to sleep. :hilarious Not really I just had to share the visual of somebody going around in the morning and shooing the fish out in to display tanks. anybody thats ever tried to catch a damsel will get the idea

schulace12

Originally Posted by unleashed
large filter systems they run on multipal tanks.same also goes for LFS the fish may seam to have a 10 gal space to live in but they have 1000's of gallons of water flowing through them all.I once went to LFS that had a very healthy 2 ft nurse shark in a 20 gal long tank.it looked extremely healthy the owner had this shark for 2 yrs in this tank.the filter system this guy had was astonishing to say the least .not only did he sell sw fish he also sold pond fish , fw fish and it was inside of a greenhouse. he ran 5000'gal of water for each type of fish he had constantly running through natural filteration source.when i asked him how he kept this shark alive so long he explained the principal .the shark doesnt have enough space to move enough so he made water move through the shark.I did feel bad for the shark and would not buy any fish from him but i was amazed by his filteration.

just because it is healhy dosnt mean it is happy.....hummm...I feel r4eally bad for that shark, u shoulda told him it was wrong

mitzel

As you get old schulace you'll realize that sometimes it's not always worth it to speak your mind.