I Started a Frenzy!

fishlawyer

Hey All
Cleaned my tank tonight and decided to rearrance some live rock... Long story short, my Snowflake Eel got overly excited and decided my thumb was food... Nothing too bad, but he did draw a good deal of blood into the water. This made the Snowflake Eel and Puffer go freaking mad! Like all of a sudden they sensed their favorite food, and their favorite food is Lawyer!
Now every time my innocent little "Waffles", (my S+S Puffer), looks at me, he is going to think I am food!
Anyone ever have this happen?

crimzy

Originally Posted by FishLawyer
http:///forum/post/2963509
Hey All
Cleaned my tank tonight and decided to rearrance some live rock... Long story short, my Snowflake Eel got overly excited and decided my thumb was food... Nothing too bad, but he did draw a good deal of blood into the water. This made the Snowflake Eel and Puffer go freaking mad! Like all of a sudden they sensed their favorite food, and their favorite food is Lawyer!
Now every time my innocent little "Waffles", (my S+S Puffer), looks at me, he is going to think I am food!
Anyone ever have this happen?
Naaah... my fish won't try to eat lawyer. After all, even they have STANDARDS.

J/K... feels kind of good to dish it as I'm usually the one taking it, (being a lawyer myself).

What kind of law do you practice and how long have you been at it?

nitschke65

Seems to me that, faced with the same ol' same ol', or a nice chunck of finger, your eel made the "natural selection"

fishlawyer

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2963557
Naaah... my fish won't try to eat lawyer. After all, even they have STANDARDS.

J/K... feels kind of good to dish it as I'm usually the one taking it, (being a lawyer myself).

What kind of law do you practice and how long have you been at it?
I am a relative new guy to the profession who opened his own firm about a 6 months ago. (Best decision I ever made!) I am mainly a Real Estate and Personal Injury lawyer, but I do some criminal to keep the old court skills sharp.
What type of law do you practice?
Oh yeah, you can check out my practice at www.marccooperlaw.ca

crimzy

http:///forum/post/2963571
I am a relative new guy to the profession who opened his own firm about a 6 months ago. (Best decision I ever made!) I am mainly a Real Estate and Personal Injury lawyer, but I do some criminal to keep the old court skills sharp.
What type of law do you practice?
Oh yeah, you can check out my practice at www.marccooperlaw.ca
Looks great. I did the solo practice thing for about 5.5 years when I finished school. I primarily handled criminal work but I also did some civil litigation, real estate and family law work. Now I handle primarily construction and commercial litigation. Basically I'm a professional litigator... in my firm I try all the cases, handle all the appeals, file and argue all the complicated motions, etc. Good luck with the practice...

fishlawyer

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2963584
Looks great. I did the solo practice thing for about 5.5 years when I finished school. I primarily handled criminal work but I also did some civil litigation, real estate and family law work. Now I handle primarily construction and commercial litigation. Basically I'm a professional litigator... in my firm I try all the cases, handle all the appeals, file and argue all the complicated motions, etc. Good luck with the practice...

I love the litigation side of things. Reality is though, most of the profitable work for me is Real Estate and Personal Injury. I take on selected Criminal files now for the challenge and enjoyment, definitly not for profitability.
I actually started out at a firm and decided to go elsewhere. I grew up in a business family, so I just can't be happy with a boss to please... No working 110 hours a week as a junior lawyer, writing memo's that no one will read, for $25K a year for me...
Must be realy cool thought to actually be a professional litigator. You are living the dream of a lot of lawyers! You seem to have the expeience and the job! Way to go!
Litigation is really challenging work that we lawyers get to do precious little of!

crimzy

http:///forum/post/2963600
I love the litigation side of things. Reality is though, most of the profitable work for me is Real Estate and Personal Injury. I take on selected Criminal files now for the challenge and enjoyment, definitly not for profitability.
I actually started out at a firm and decided to go elsewhere. I grew up in a business family, so I just can't be happy with a boss to please... No working 110 hours a week as a junior lawyer, writing memo's that no one will read, for $25K a year for me...
Must be realy cool thought to actually be a professional litigator. You are living the dream of a lot of lawyers! You seem to have the expeience and the job! Way to go!
Litigation is really challenging work that we lawyers get to do precious little of!
I enjoy litigating... and it can be a profitable skill. But I thought that the lawyer's dream was to make $500K per year, with seasonal homes in the Carribean and in the mountains, who spend half their lives on the golf course with the judges. I'm not quite there yet. But thanks...

fishlawyer

crimzy;2963607 said:
But I thought that the lawyer's dream was to make $500K per year, with seasonal homes in the Carribean and in the mountains, who spend half their lives on the golf course with the judges. QUOTE]