i think i made a mistake

mr.clownfish

i just bought a flame scallop and i have a large brittle star fish in the same tank. is it ok? or do they eat scallops?

coastie81

flame scallops look cool and all but they are extremely hard to keep in captivity. they only seem to last a few months from the reading I have done. But maybe someone here has success stories keeping them. I really don't know too much about them. But like I said they look really awesome. Just my .02

spanko

Quote from Fenner
"Although there are many beautiful and tempting choices available today, many have specific needs that cannot be supplied by most hobbyists. It makes researching "before" purchasing, of vital importance. This group, in particular, is a very poor choice because of its overwhelmingly dismal rate of survival. Most starve to death within a relatively short period of time. Well, these are among the most difficult animals that you can keep in aquaria. They require large quantities of very fine plankton, which are pretty difficult to come by in aquaria. In the long run, they are best avoided..."

fau8

On average I have only been able to get 4-6 months before they die. They also tend to move around and locate themselves where you can't see them.