I think Im ready

topherice18

Now i have had my 55 gallon fish only tank established and cycled for 8 months now. I have my nitrates under control with biweekly partial water changes, I have iodine, chromaplex, and calcium foods. I now have ample lighting and water movement in my tank. I think i am ready for my first
coral(s). Anyone have any ideas of some good beginner corals that I can try, I have been waiting patiently for sometime now and now all's i need is a little guidence and some encouragment and I am ready to go REEF. Any and all help/advice would be appreciated...

joncat24

what type of lighting do you have???
easy corals and low light corals are mushrooms, star polyps, zoanthids.and leathers

topherice18

Originally Posted by joncat24
what type of lighting do you have???
easy corals and low light corals are mushrooms, star polyps, zoanthids.and leathers
Coralife Lunar Aqualights Compact Flourecent 48" 260 watt setup. Some specifics on some mushrooms or star polyps and everything else. Something that would make me drive further and further into poverty by spending my every dollar on more and more

topherice18

Originally Posted by joncat24
do a search on lowlight corals and see what ya like...beauty is in the eye of the beholder

So I should start with lowlight corals, or is that all my lights can handle?

whitey_028

You can handle all kinds of stuff with those lights,saty away from the stony corals and youll be just fine. shrooms,ricordeas,zoos,colts,leathers, are just a few to strart with...

topherice18

thank you for your help everyone... this is truely the best place there is for all marine questions, concerns, ect...

teresaq

take a look at my post in the photo section. those are all corals you could keep with your lights.