I think me long tenitcal anemone is dying plz help..

cassiesue05

I just bought the long tenitcal anenome 2 day ago and when I firt got it I was open a lil bit and now it is closed up and I see what looks the be a tear on its mouth plz b help the no3 is around 20 anf ok the no2 is at 0 and safe the alkalinit is atound 300 and the ph is between around 8. none of my fish seem to be inany stress but he is.

cassiesue05

here are some pictures
I just bought the long tenitcal anenome 2 day ago and when I firt got it I was open a lil bit and now it is closed up and I see what looks the be a tear on its mouth plz b help the no3 is around 20 anf ok the no2 is at 0 and safe the alkalinit is atound 300 and the ph is between around 8. none of my fish seem to be inany stress but he is.

mr llimpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiesue05 http:///t/396401/i-think-me-long-tenitcal-anemone-is-dying-plz-help#post_3531906
What are these numbers? Post salinity, ammonia nitrates and nitrites, what light fixture do you have, size of tank?

cassiesue05

the nitrate is about 20 the nitrite is 0 the alkalinity is 300 and the ph-saltwater is around 8 the tank is 55 gallons and I havea corallofe light not sure the kid of lights I would have to ask me dad that game me the tank but it has 3 kinds of lights a nigt light thats kinda blue then the day lights and then for 3 hours a day I turn on the really bring light

cassiesue05

ok so the light is a corallife light with 50% 10000k daylight amd 50% true actinic blue lights there is 2 amd they are 96 watts we also have 2 250 watt meadle hayligts that we turn on for 3 or so hours a day.

tthemadd1

Cassiesue what size is the tank? Just to compare the size of the anemone.
Was the red part always there? It may be just me but is it attached to the rocks? If so, it does not look healthy, it may be turning out its stomach which is not a good sign.
Some more information will help.
What is the specific gravity or salinity of the water?
Also it looks like there is a lot of algae growing on the rocks. How long has the tank been running?

mr llimpid

First those test strips are not worth the money inaccurate. Get yourself at least API test kits or better. Second the light fixture will not support an anemone you need to get a fixture that will support SPS coral, look at LED fixture for reefs. As for your anemone turning its stomach out is some what normal, as long as if it doesn’t look like that its rotting. Hard to see from picture but it looks whole. But anemones do not like nitrates and 20 is high for them need as close to 0 as you can get. Do you have a protein skimmer, do you use RO/DI water? Definitely get a phosphate test kit I see a lot of brown algae, how old is your tank? Anemone’s need a mature tank that means primo water conditions.