I think my hippo ate my yellow tang!!

schippy

I posted a thread yesterday about my yellow tabg being beaten up by hippo. The common thought on this site was that I had to get rid of the hippo. I cam home today after working a 24hour shift and could not find the yellow tang anywhere. I moved all the rocks and looked in the filter. Could the hippo have eaten him and the others in the tank finished the scraps??? I can't believe I can't find any trace of him. If so can I ever add another fish with the hippo there or does he have to go? Poor yellow tang

logan15

The Regal wouldnt of ate him if you have a cleanup crew the hippo and yellow could of faught to the death and then your cleanup crew could of ate him but IMO the Regal wouldnt of ate the yellow

badkharma

Hippos are mainly herbivores. Your yellow tang is either dead and consumed by your cleanup crew or is hiding very well.

microman2k

my yellow tang disappeared too, and even after moving EVERY rock out, i found no bones, nothing! i must have one heck of a cleanup crew!!!

schippy

if he was killed and eaten shouldn't I have gotten a spike in ammonia. I checked and it is normal???

surf23

if he was eatin then theres nothing decaying to polute your tank and raise ammonia me thinks.