I think my plate is dying...

footbag

I got a plate coral about 3 weeks ago along with a few other goodies. Everything else I put in the tank(Anemone, Hammer Coral, Blue mushroom)has been looking great along with all of my other corals. The plate coral looked stressed from the start. It expanded and contracted leaving off streams of goo.
I was debating weather to bring it back, because I've seen it in the LFS's store for months looking great. I decided to keep it because sometimes it looked fine and I was confident in my water params. (AMM, TRITE, TRATE = 0 ALK=3.2 PH = 8.3 CAL =550) Now its skeleton is exposed and it appears to be splitting and receding from the skeleton. Pic below...
Why would this happen and more importantly WHAT SHOULD I DO?
I dont have a quarantine tank. I have a 2X20w NO lit refugium but I dont think its enough light.
my best guesses
He has PC's, I have halides & NO actinics. (may have added to the stress, but everything else I got from him is thriving)
The first day I got it it was very close to the anemone and the could've stung each other
It was close to the front of the tank and rocks. It probably hit the LR.
High calcium (550)

mlm

This plate is on its way out. The long tentacle ones like yours are much harder to keep than the short ones.

footbag

Sony Mavica...Great camera
The plate is gone...I noticed a spike in Nitrates after my water test today. Had to take it out. It smelled a little fishy and I couldn't risk it any longer.

krishj39

:( sorry to hear about your loss. I'm so glad I haven't had any losses coral losses of that caliber to date! Maybe you can replace it with a short tentacle plate! I almost bought a pink one today.

pyro383

shorts are better, did you feed your's anything for the time you had it. They need krill or silversides.

footbag

I fed it some krill. Actually my clown began feeding it and that was one of the reasons I decided to keep it. Huh...

salty jeff

Sorry to hear about your loss. The same thing happened to me and I replaced him with a pink , short Tentacle plate. She is doing excellent. I feed her DT's with a eye dropper.

pyro383

salty jeff, I would feed it some meaty items instead. Just place a krill or silverside on its tentacles and it will draw it up to its mouth and take it whole. DT's is doing much for the health of the animal