I think my tube worm is dead

quads4_lif

I have 2 very large feather dusters one that stays out all the time and the other one used to only fan out at night. Well the other day I noticed a Hermit on his tube and it looked like he had ahold of the worm inside of the tube. I knocked the Hermit off the tube and it is torn a little bit. Well I have not seen the duster fan out in 3 days since the incident.
I am just curious if I should remove the worm or how can I tell if it is ok??? He is attached to a rock with my other duster.

gwh57

Any type contact from a crab, snail or fish will cause them to withdraw. Give him some time and wait him out.

A

ashley123hot

feather dusters can play dead. they will come back tho. so keep them in your tank!! i just had one pop its feather head off...its starting to grow back. sounds wierd but true :)

angel9620

I got a 3 feather dusters yesterday. Two look great and are out and doing fine. The other threw it's pollops(?) and has come out at all. Does this mean heis dead?Need to know if I should send him back for another one.

jessica47421

they can lose their crown and get a new one. they can also leave that tube and go build a new on in another location. my brothers left its tube and was gone for 2 weeks now it poped up some place else. hope this helps.

The first one I got my longnose butterfly constantly attacked, it would move it everywhere in the tank. I was sure it was dead because I hadn't seent it in about a month, turns out that it was fine and once I took out the butterfly it grew it's crown back. So don't give up just yet!