I wanna choke my pincushion urchin (so frusterated)!

kilofey

It moves my green star polyp frag and puts it on its back or knocks it off the rock its sitting on. My polyps will never do wekk if he keeps moving them.... And its a daily thing!
How can I get him to stop? Ive heard superglue gel, but can I glue the frag to the big rock with both pieces still in the water?
It also moves my kenya trees sometimes, but hes a bigger fan of my green stars :sad:

1guydude

put some super glue on the spot u want it! Pull out the GSP frag and apply super glue to the bottom of it! Put them back in and squish to the spot....i suggest test fitting it before you pick a spot

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilofey http:///forum/thread/386592/i-wanna-choke-my-pincushion-urchin-so-frusterated#post_3396537
It moves my green star polyp frag and puts it on its back or knocks it off the rock its sitting on. My polyps will never do wekk if he keeps moving them.... And its a daily thing!
How can I get him to stop? Ive heard superglue gel, but can I glue the frag to the big rock with both pieces still in the water?
It also moves my kenya trees sometimes, but hes a bigger fan of my green stars

Just my opinion..... it's doing you a favor, GSP are a nusence in a tank, and he's tryin to get rid of it for you.

But if you want it to stay, they have under water epoxy that you can use. If you can get the rock and GSP out of the tank super glue will work in air.

kilofey

I purposely bought it. I want a coral that will be ridiculously easy to care for. And if it gets out of control, I can always frag it and trade it to my lfs for food or w/e.
Is gorilla superglue okay or does it have to be superglue brand? Just asking cause im not sure if other brands are toxic or not. Does it have to be completely dry first? Dont wanna expose the polyps to the air for too long

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilofey http:///forum/thread/386592/i-wanna-choke-my-pincushion-urchin-so-frusterated#post_3396599
I purposely bought it. I want a coral that will be ridiculously easy (THAT THEY ARE) to care for. And if it gets out of control (THAT IT WILL), I can always frag it and trade (LFS AROUND ME ARE OVER STALKED WITH IT and WILL NOT TRADE IT)
it to my lfs for food or w/e. I use to like the GSP, but now they took over.... no more love for them....
Is gorilla superglue okay or does it have to be superglue brand? Just asking cause im not sure if other brands are toxic or not. Does it have to be completely dry first? Dont wanna expose the polyps to the air for too long
Gorilla superglue..... I'm reading it both ways, but people are letting it completly cure before puting in their tanks.

1guydude

No gorillia glue! The only ingrendient in it should be cyanoacrylate and its okay to put it underwater before it dries!

kilofey

superglue gel will work just fine. And now you know why I no longer have any urchins.
The hubby loves my pincushion... Because he moves things and wears shells (and frags) like fake mustaches lol, he would be pissed if I got rid of it :-/ my purple urchin is fine though, doesnt harm a thing, he just hides behind the rocks and I hardly ever see him
I wasnt talking about regular gorilla glue that takes hours to harden, then it expands, I was talking about gorilla super glue, Is that still bad? (jus hoping to not have to go out & buy super glue if I already have some

1guydude

you can get the stuff for like a dollar at the dollar tree!
I suppose it would be okay as long as the only ingredient is the one i listed!