i want a eel,lionfish and some other things can i have suggestions

moray345

Hey everybody i want an eel, lionfish,and some other fish what would be a few good choices
Thnx,
Moray345

moray345

I want a saddled toby and im going to get a dwarf lionfish and a snowflake moray do you think i could get a saddled toby do you think the toby would be eaten by any of them
Thnx,
Moray345:notsure:

harlequin

When the dwarf gets bigger you might have the eaten problem. A bigger concern of mine would be the toby fin nipping on the lion, puffers and related species are well know for this. Might I suggest a Antennatta or radiata lion instead of a dwarf. Both of these are perfect sized for your tank and tend to be much more open water swimmers than the dwarf lions, also much easier to feed and get switched to frozen food. Excellent choice of eel, very good temperment towards everyone else and not too big. Maybe a rabbitfish, dwarf angel or butterfly would be a good fish for you instead of the puffer, be better behaved and add some color, make sure you have good filtration if you chose to go the butterfly route.

xenomorph

Originally posted by Harlequin
A bigger concern of mine would be the toby fin nipping on the lion, puffers and related species are well know for this. Might I suggest a Antennatta or radiata lion instead of a dwarf. Both of these are perfect sized for your tank and tend to be much more open water swimmers than the dwarf lions, also much easier to feed and get switched to frozen food. Excellent choice of eel, very good temperment towards everyone else and not too big. Maybe a rabbitfish, dwarf angel or butterfly would be a good fish for you instead of the puffer, be better behaved and add some color, make sure you have good filtration if you chose to go the butterfly route.

^^^^^I concur.:yes: The recomended lions are awsome, ecspecially the radiata (when SWF has them :rolleyes: ). I have been told and have read here the porkies arent as prone to nibbling tankmates but get big. On the good side, they grow slow, but you would eventually have to replace him or upgrade the tank. You will also want some color. The butterflies are awsome looking, but I have yetr to have one. I personally like the threadfin or auriga butterfly. The angel might end up food. They dont get as big and dont have the tall body the butterflys do. The tusk is an awsome fish, but might use you cleanup crew as a buffet. I had a dragon wrasse that tore up a hermit that was half his size. Plucked him straight out of his shell and proceded to parade around the tank before ripping him from limb to limb.:yes:

moray345

:notsure: So if i get a volitan lion or radiata could i get the toby:nervous:
Thnx,
Moray345

harlequin

Do not get a volitan, get a radiata or antennatta. Vols will get too big for that tank very quickly. If you had a toby it would probably get eaten due to the much faster growth rate of a lion. That and as said earlier puffer species are notorious fin nippers. Stick to one of the smaller Pterois species of lions that have been mentioned, you and them will be happier. Plus radiatas have by far the coolest coloration of the various lion species.

wakeskater

i have a snowflake and i am supposed to be getting in 2 dwarf lions in the next day so ill let you know how tthat goes:yes: