I want a trigger BAD for my Reef...I need views please

jer4916

My tank has bit to much life in it, but im only adding one last fish, its actully rather stable...levels stay perfect...knock on wood...but as for a final fish...its only corals here on out.
~Chris

fishamajig

do you have a sand bed in the tank? with that many fish the waste produced by the fish will overcome the amount of beneficial bacteria in the sand and lr. there is a reason people have tank crashes. it would be ashame for all of your stuff to die due to it bieng overstocked.
too many fish = ammonia
nitrate+ammonia=death

jmick

I can’t imagine that your jawfish would appreciate the presence of a trigger, even a mild tempered would probably keep your jawfish in their borrow 24/7.

ophiura

Originally Posted by Jer4916
My tank has bit to much life in it, but im only adding one last fish, its actully rather stable...levels stay perfect...knock on wood...but as for a final fish...its only corals here on out.
~Chris

But this "one last fish" is a triggerfish!!!
Its not like it is another chromis or goby. That is a big fish, a big producer of waste...a big eater. Your tank is fully stocked even as a FOWLR. As a reef it is pretty far overstocked, IMO. Most people in the thread said not a good idea, but is it your tank.
Best of luck with it, but even the best mannered triggerfish - while safe with many corals - still pose a threat to many inverts common to reef tanks.

jer4916

i was just asking if i could have one, if it will go after my verts and my " babies" Im not going to get one, i was just asking, thank you so much for the advice, as for now there will be no trigger, ...maybe in a few years when i set up an agressive, but for now i think the tank is going to stay the way it is...i mean...after all....my tank is very stable...the guy who ran the las vegas aquarium and new orleans aquarium, helps me take care of my tank. ie gives me advice... hes been in the business for many years....he says my tank is stable...and can support a few more fish, but i had not asked him about a trigger for awhile, in the beginning he was insistant that a trigger of any sort in any reef is a bad idea, i was just seeing on this site people having them in there tanks and i was wondering if there was something i did know! ..hehe ..but again thank you guys so much for caring about my tank....