I want em all but i knowi cant....help me choose

legoalie31

i have an 80 gallon FOWLR tank and a 10 gallon biocube. i was wondering what out of these fish would be the best to put in the tank.
80 gallon: i have a snowflake eel, sailfin tang, lunare wrasse, flame angel, foxface, pencil urchins, hermit crabs, and snails.
i want some of these fish : batfish, panther grouper(already have a place to give to when he outgrows tank) lionfish(same as grouper), porcupine puffer, another tang(probably blue hippo), a trigger which is the least likely to fillet my fish?, and a harlequin tusk.
for the 10 gallon it is a reef: already have: candy stripe cardinal, one firefish, snails, corals, hermits.
fish wanted: bangaii cardinal, 2 perc clowns, purple pseudo, shrimp goby, longnose hawk, some more firefish so the 1 might come out of hiding and that are purple firefish.
sorry for the long list
what should i get in your opinions and which would work best together?
Logan

zeroc

I don't think you can add anything to the 80 and it's a bit small for your Salifin Tang.

beatlesfan

You might be able to add a firefish to your 10g but I'd be hesitant so you don't throw it out of wack with the reef and everything. For the 80g you are already very overstocked and the sailfin will definatly outgrow your tank soon.

legoalie31

eel is less than 1 foot, wrasse is 3 in, flame is 3 in, sailfin is 5 in are you serious that i cant add any fish it looks so barren!

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by Legoalie31
eel is less than 1 foot, wrasse is 3 in, flame is 3 in, sailfin is 5 in are you serious that i cant add any fish it looks so barren!
Thats how the saltwater world is.

beatlesfan

yep. the wrasse and the eel will grow much larger as will the sailfin. Yes I am positive you can add no more fish.

sepulatian

dang im gonna have 2 upgrade 2 like a 300 gallon! i want more fishies!
An upgrade would be good, but I think you just need to look at what you have.
80 gallon: i have a snowflake eel, sailfin tang, lunare wrasse, flame angel, foxface, pencil urchins, hermit crabs, and snails.
i want some of these fish : batfish, panther grouper(already have a place to give to when he outgrows tank) lionfish(same as grouper), porcupine puffer, another tang(probably blue hippo), a trigger which is the least likely to fillet my fish?, and a harlequin tusk.
I do wish that people would consider fish as a pet and not plan to keep them until they get larger then give them away. If you did not have the sailfin and SFE then you could get many other fish. Stick to fish that won't outgrow your tank. Your 90 will house plenty of very attractive fish.

renogaw

I agree, and there's no such thing as an attractive panther grouper. I saw a 3 month old one (about 10" long) and it was U.G.L.Y.
so if your 300 gal isn't up and operational in 3 months, that panther is too big for a 80 and will eat any fish that can fit in it's mouth.
also, i believe the harlequin and any trigger and puffer you put in there will make meals out of your clean up crews.

legoalie31

so what do u have for a clean up crew if u get a trigger or puffer? and like what attractive fish could I get if i got rid of the eel and sailfin? because i would love a dwarf lionfish i think they are the coolest and what else could I get? And one last thing me sailfin is starting to change=P

legoalie31

what fish could i get if i got rid of the tang and eel i think i might hit rid of the wrasse because he killed a queen conck a few hermits and 3-4 snails i i do get rid of them what do you think i should getr?

petjunkie

80 gallons is not a tank meant for large aggressive, stick to fish under 6 inches at full growth and you can have quite a few, you could do semi-aggressive with a maroon clown, dwarf angel, dwarf toby puffer, hawkfish, psuedochromis, dottybacks, large gobies, dwarf lionfish, some wrasses, etc. Right now you picked all fish that grow, eat and poop large which means you can't get very many, also saltwater doesn't hold oxygen well and the fish are more territorial, you cannot stock it like freshwater. Me personally I wouldn't keep fish in a 10 gallon, too prone to problems but I wouldn't add anything else to yours. Look into fun inverts and more coral instead, nano reefs aren't meant to be about the fish really.
Another thing to keep in mind is many people buy fish with the intentions to upgrade down the line, this is generally a bad idea as bills pile up and the new tank never appears, leaving your smaller tank with aggression, nitrate, algea and illness problems due to unsuitable fish, plus groupers and lions grow very quickly. Batfish are very difficult to keep, panther groupers will eat everything and turn out ugly and mean to boot. Triggers are more likely to snap the less places they have to turn, these aren't a fish to cramp. Also clean up crew is your hands but watch those fingers!

mcbdz

Originally Posted by petjunkie
80 gallons is not a tank meant for large aggressive, stick to fish under 6 inches at full growth and you can have quite a few, you could do semi-aggressive with a maroon clown, dwarf angel, dwarf toby puffer, hawkfish, psuedochromis, dottybacks, large gobies, dwarf lionfish, some wrasses, etc. Right now you picked all fish that grow, eat and poop large which means you can't get very many, also saltwater doesn't hold oxygen well and the fish are more territorial, you cannot stock it like freshwater. Me personally I wouldn't keep fish in a 10 gallon, too prone to problems but I wouldn't add anything else to yours. Look into fun inverts and more coral instead, nano reefs aren't meant to be about the fish really.
Another thing to keep in mind is many people buy fish with the intentions to upgrade down the line, this is generally a bad idea as bills pile up and the new tank never appears, leaving your smaller tank with aggression, nitrate, algea and illness problems due to unsuitable fish, plus groupers and lions grow very quickly. Batfish are very difficult to keep, panther groupers will eat everything and turn out ugly and mean to boot. Triggers are more likely to snap the less places they have to turn, these aren't a fish to cramp. Also clean up crew is your hands but watch those fingers!
Good advice on fish choices since you seem to want a lot of fish. Also count your fishes adult sizes not what they are when you buy them. If you plan on upgrading then wait on the fish for that tank for while you are cycling it after it is already running.
From experience I have my 240gal upgrade tank and stand, but am still months away from setting it up due to running new electric, pump went out, want good lights, need personnal ro/di unit (too much water to buy
), Etc., etc.,......