I want seahorses

badasstang

My girlfriend wants a seahorse, and after I did alot of researching I decided I want to get a couple. I would really like tank-raised as they are easier to feed. If anyone has any to sell around michigan (I am willing to drive if its a few hours away), or willing to ship (at my expense) let me know, I am really interested!

aftrhrs

Your LFS may be able to order them for you. Just a thought.
We have them here at our LFS and their really not that expensive.

buyitjody

BadASStang - try oceanrider.com ... All their seahorses are aquacultured and I've heard good things about them and their customer service. Also try seahorsefarms.com ... they sell the small pixie seahorses. I have ordered live marine plants from them and everything arrived in great condition. They even sell an entire setup (small tank, sand, salt, seahorses, hermit crab, etc.) and they will ship all but inhabitants first so you can properly cycle your tank before the inhabitants are shipped and put in. You may want to write them an email...I think they may have some other package deals that are not listed on their website.

Actually, I have seahorse tanks and hang out on the seahorse.org and syngnathid.org, OR has been getting quite a bit of bad press over their customer service and lack of honoring their guarantee.
I have bought two shipments of captive bred seahorses from *********** and they were awesome. They get theirs from a topnotch seahorse farm in australia exclusively.

badasstang

Thanks for everyones help...I will be checking out whatever I can find. I bought one at a LFS today, seems to be doing well, but hard to tell if he is eating or not. They can order me some, but whatever they can get, not different species unless its on their list. I want some colorful though, so hopefully some of these websites can help me out, thanks again

sheree

If you decide to also try the dwarf seahorses, one word of advice....do NOT put hermit crabs in with them. They will grab and eat seahorses. Any type of anemone with long tenacles will also be a danger zone for horses that love to hang onto things.

badasstang

From what I have seen and heard I don't want dwarf seahorses. I especially want a clean up crew because from what I have experienced they don't get all the food, and would like something to clean it up besides doing a water change everyother day!

jeffjw1

I've had 4 or more seahorses for a long time now. I think the trick is buying the biggest ones. You can always get them to eat mysis shrimp.