i want see everyone's CLAM PICTURES!!!

anonome

Originally Posted by Fish Crazy
do clams move?
Clams only move if they are in a bad spot, once they like a spot in the tank...that you have placed them....they are there to stay. They do not wander.
Here is one of my croceas.

A

azul1994

Sorry, i dont have a clam yet, but these pictures really make me want one!

teen

maxima

crocea

and my squamosa, who isnt really mine anymore. i just sold him yesterday.

hefner413

Here's my crocea's. They are under T5's. Seeing all those amazing pics above makes me jealous! I am saving up for a squamosa... anyway, here you go:

nietzsche

Originally Posted by chilwil84
my crocea pictured earlier is under t5 on the bottom (didnt like the rocks) for close to 2 years
most likely did not like the spot you put it on. its not uncommon for clams to try to move away from a spot they dont like. both my crocea and maxima are on top of the rock work just few inches away from my lighting. i have a baby maxima on a piece of rock on my sandbed

nietzsche

Originally Posted by Hefner413
Here's my derasa's. They are under T5's. Seeing all those amazing pics above makes me jealous! I am saving up for a squamosa... anyway, here you go:
those look like croceas?

teen

my crocea and maxima are both on the sand. ive tried both in different spots in the rockwork and they always move. ive also tried them on small pieces of rock on the sand bed and they move off of those as well. they seem happy and healthy on the sand, so thats where they're staying.

chilwil84

yeah i tried a couple spots and it just slimed its way off and fell to the bottom, so i just put it in a spot on the bottom that it had clear acess to the light and it has been happy since. its got 2 or 3 nice pure white growth flutes(lack of better word) on the top all the time