I Want To Add More Fish.....but Which One Will Be Ok!!!!!

tdog7879

I currently have a 80 gal tall with alot of mix corals but only 3 fish....1 big yellow tang(5inches) and 2 small cinnamin clowns(2 inches) they all have been together for about 9 months......I had a lost a couple months back dew to ich(blue jaw,bar goby and i think a alage blenny). Anyways all the fish seem very happy and healthy and it has been about 2-3 months since the ick breakout and i wanted to get somemore fish and latley i have just been coral after coral and not any fish due to the fear of ick and my to little mean clowns.....so my question is: what would be a good fish or fishes to put in the tank? I was thinking about some cardnals and maybe some blennys?
THANKS

J

jesse!

tdog7879;2965388 said:
I currently have a 80 gal tall with alot of mix corals but only 3 fish....1 big yellow tang(5inches) and 2 small cinnamin clowns(2 inches) they all have been together for about 9 months......I had a lost a couple months back dew to ich(blue jaw,bar goby and i think a alage blenny). Anyways all the fish seem very happy and healthy and it has been about 2-3 months since the ick breakout and i wanted to get somemore fish and latley i have just been coral after coral and not any fish due to the fear of ick and my to little mean clowns.....so my question is: what would be a good fish or fishes to put in the tank? I was thinking about some cardnals and maybe some blennys?
IMO: Watchman Goby w/ A Pistol Shrimp
Good luck!
-Jesse

tank a holic

+1 on the goby and shrimp, mine are awesome
green chromis are cool, clowns, royal gramma, fairy or flasher wrasses, bicolor anthias
anything the list goes on and on

tdog7879

im just worried about my 2 mean a$$ clown fish on top of that my tang normal beats up a new fish for the first day......so should get a couple fish at a time?

tank a holic

some fish are better added in pairs, any mated pairs, or schooling fish.....
other than that I recommend adding one at a time, and waiting at least 3 weeks between new additions
this gives your biological filter time to catch up with the load...
to keep your tang at bay leave the lights off for a day after adding new tank mates, also (if you can) rearrange your rocks to break up territories

tdog7879

Originally Posted by tank a holic
http:///forum/post/2965473
some fish are better added in pairs, any mated pairs, or schooling fish.....
other than that I recommend adding one at a time, and waiting at least 3 weeks between new additions
this gives your biological filter time to catch up with the load...
to keep your tang at bay leave the lights off for a day after adding new tank mates, also (if you can) rearrange your rocks to break up territories

i cant rearrange my rocks they have corals all over them! I was thinking about 2 baggii cardnals and a 1 mandarin goby ...what do you guys think???

meadbhb

Hiya,
Any goby that pairs up with a shrimp. I've got a banded with a pistol shrimp and I love them. Plus they'll be down at the base of the reef, so maybe your clowns will leave them alone. Only caution I'd give you with them is make sure your base is stable. I thought my pair was crushed since the day after I got them, I noticed the base of some of my rocks were moved. He'd tunneled under them.
I'd look at some of the smaller wrasses. The flasters and whipfins are GORGIOUS!
I'll also stick up for the six line. I know some of them can have an attitude, but I liked mine until I had a nitrate overload.
Kim/Meadbhb