i want to get a flounder

marsha

can anyone tell me about flounders.... my local LFS has one and i would love to get him but i dont know anything about them? are they reef safe? what do they eat? are they easy to care for? etc... all information will be helpful ... thank

michaeltx

big tank-lots of substrate-no small fish or inverts- and will jump out of the tank.
They are best suited for larger tanks though they get big quick for the most part and will eat anything that will fit into their mouth.
i liked mine but I wouldnt get another one because of those reasons it was a bad impulse buy
Mike

marsha

Originally Posted by alyssia
I think they get huge and don't do well in tanks.
ok thank you alyssia.... i just went to the link you sent to me and that answered my questions.... DARN !!!! they are so cool.... but with a 46 gal tank it would not be a good move for me to do this..... thanks.... that is why i come here to get answers.... all you guys rock!!!!!!

alyssia

Originally Posted by marsha
ok thank you alyssia.... i just went to the link you sent to me and that answered my questions.... DARN !!!! they are so cool.... but with a 46 gal tank it would not be a good move for me to do this..... thanks.... that is why i come here to get answers.... all you guys rock!!!!!!

I know, it stinks when you really want something and know you shouldn't get it!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by alyssia
I know, it stinks when you really want something and know you shouldn't get it!
And you know someone else is going to buy it...

marsha

well that is why i come here.... so far no one has giving me bad advice.... except i am still waiting to hear what is wrong with my rittereye anemone i posted a pic fish photo and clownfish and anemone... thanks again

cjml

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Yep... sadly, a cool creature that pet stores shouldn't offer.
Agree.....