I want to know what other people use as Reef Supplements in their tanks?

gregbva

I want to know what people in this hobby are using as far as Reef Supplements and Vitimans? I have a Xenia, Finger Leather and one Anmone.
Also the companies you use, example: Kent etc...
Thanks,
Greg
gregbva123@excite.com

byrself

ok, i use kent probuffer dkh and kent essential elements once a week (added to top off water), and also seachem reef plus vitamin and amino acid supplement once a week. really the only things i'm interested in due to my livestock is the calcium and the iodine, and these provide both. i think the seachem line is pretty good, and actually garf.org recommends seachem supplements in their bullet proof reef recipe. i use the kent stuff because it's what i started with, plus i like the probuffer for it's buffer and coralline accelerant capabilities. but eventually i'll move into all seachem after i use up the kent stuff. (a lot less to buy!) check out the garf recipe <a href="http://www.garf.org/milli/125.html" target="_blank">bullet proof reef recipe</a> ;)

gregbva

I currently am using Kent Calcuim, Iodine, S & M, PH Buffer, Essential Elements, and coral food.
Is this to much?
or what would be better?
Thanks,
Greg

ofalegend

I'm currently using all Kent products, as follows: Liquid Calcium, Essential Elements, and Probuffer dKH. I will probably be switching to Kent's Tech CB (Parts A and B) calcium as well as Tech M (magnesium). The last two I'm not certain of yet. I'm going to do some research to see which elements are truly critical to a thriving reef tank. I sometimes think I'm going to overdo it on elements and additives. I want to use the minimum elements necessary to have a healthy thriving tank. :)

Water changes.....calcium reactor.... and kalkwasser only.....
OfaLegend.......I had an army buddy from Harriman back in the 70s!!!!

Here's my schedule:
about every other day Kent Tech CB part A+B
Kent Tech-I every Sunday
Kent Coral Accel on Monday
Kent Coral Vite on Wed
Kent Phytoplex and Micro Vert 2X a week for the inverts
I do 5 gallon water changes about once every week and put about 5ml of Kent Super Strontium and Molybdenum, Super Iron and Manganese, Tech M, and about 10ml of Marine Zoe.
My Xenias and Mushrooms particularly love this because they have been spreading like wildfire. It seems like every day I find a new colony of Xenia sprouting out of my rock. My SPS like it too, I just fragged him into 3 pieces and the 2 smaller ones are already showing growth.

ofalegend

Trailer Trash,
Small world, isn't it? :) I've only been here about a year and a half, but I grew up not far away :)
~M

richard rendos

120 gallon - calcium reactor + lugol's solution once a week.
54 gallon - kent cb parts a & b twice a week + lugol's solution once a week.

toddius

Just switched over and started using oceans blend daily for the last 3 weeks. Still no hard proof yet but watching.

nm reef

Seachems reef builder&reef advantage on a alternating schedule to build alk&calcium...daily kalk to maintain those levels...seachems iodine/plus/complete as supplimental trace additives. Seachems reef buffer once a week to maintain ph @8.3....and water changes of 10% once a month.

nacl-h2o

Kalk daily, A PH and alk buffer twice a week or as needed, and use iodine and trace elements occationaly or as needed. thats it beside the occational water change.

kev

I checked out that bullet proof system, and it sounded pretty good. I just don't see how GARF does this... "I really like to add all the fish at once." How could you get away with that??? :D

austin01

I use Restore. Thats it, aside from iodine. It has everything. Mainly used for calcium and pH, but has everthing else too. If anyone is running low on their trace elements, try this product out. And no, I'm not a shareholder. Seriously, it's the easiest to use because it's all in one, and there is no guess work in the dosing.
<a href="http://www.r-e-e-f.com" target="_blank">www.r-e-e-f.com</a>

gregbva

I'm currently using Kent Liquid Supplements and chemicals to the water. Everything is alright except the finger leather which is bent over and has not standed up for weeks.
Thanks,
Greg

fishforme

Nobodies mentioned ReefSolutions. I dose 8ml every day into my tank and also use Kalk Top Off Water and also dose Kent Probuffer every morning. Everything is doing great!!!

gregbva

I currently use about 7 different bottles per week in my tank. Which I could cut this down a little. I use Kent products:
Calcuim
Iodine
S & M
Tech M
Invert Food
Coral Vite
Essential Elements