I want YOUR feedback

sj022698

OK.
Every single person I have talked to has had a different answer to this questions so I would like to hear everyones input to make sure I am taking the appropriate measures to maintaining a stable tank. I have stuff that I have researched and made decisions on however that doesn't mean that it's the best so I want to be prepared if something isn't working to switch to something that others have had success with.
What do you use??? EVERYTHING!!!
I WANT A LIST OF EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR TANK!
Food, calcium stuff, ammonia stuff, any additives?
I will have about 5 fish, inverts, polyps, corals, and live rock. I appreciate your help!
Remember, EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR TANK

sj022698

What do you give your frozen and seafood to?
What about calcium, etc... for your LR...Do you have a nice covering of coralline algae?
What is the flake primarly for?
Thanks,
Justin

sarwiz100

foods: seaweed, romaine lettuce, a garlic mixture I make, frozen blood worms, frozen krill, frozen artemia, frozen mysis shrimp (we like to give a variety to our yellow tang, powder blue tang, royal gramma, lawnmower, mandarin, jawfish, clarkii's, scooter blenny, neon goby's,sixline wrasse, shrimp, crabs, starfish corals etc. not all in the same tank)
replacements: ro water in auto top-off run through a nilsen reactor with kalkwasser in it. (maintains calcium at 350-375), adding reef complete once a week, strontium and moloybdenum 1xweek, coral accel 1x week, instant ocean salt +ro water for water changes about every 2 weeks(10%).
We have a 129 gal reef with a 20 gl sump and 6 gal hob fuge and 2 coil denitrators , a 30 fowlr with a skilter, a 20 qt with a penguin, and a 30 freshwater, and soon to be adding a 75 gal (not sure for what yet)

fedukeford

Originally Posted by sj022698
What do you give your frozen and seafood to?
What about calcium, etc... for your LR...Do you have a nice covering of coralline algae?
What is the flake primarly for?
Thanks,
Justin
i feed the frozen food, seaweed, and flake food (one type of food each day) to a CB angle, 2 false perc. clowns, YWG, scooter blenny, magenta dotty back, and i feed the frozen food to my frogspawn occasionally, i dont use ANY additives, and pretty much all my LR is purple w/ coraline