I was bored last night so here are some pics of my 80 gal and 10 gal

sharkboy13

and that the lions gonna need like a 125? cuz that 80 wont do for life, same w/ the angel, all r gonna need a 125 up

puffer32

All your fish will need larger tanks eventually, right now they are pretty tiny, but down the road, you will need a larger tank. For now it looks good
My biggest concern is the mandrin, is he in your 10 gal? He needs pods and about 100 lbs of LR to hunt for pods, they usually won't eat prepared foods.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by reefreak29
wow nice bashing

nice tanks
its not bashing, just stating what needed to happen to assure a happy healthy ecosystem, now if i had said "OMG U IDIOT THOSE FISH R ALL GONNA DIE IN THAT TANK U R SUCH AN IRRESPONSIBLE KEEPER!!!" that would be bashing, but i am sry, its a nice selection, if only for a bigger tank

legoalie31

yes, I know all of this and I am growing my pods for the mandarin. I know I am going to have to either get a bigger tank, or sell the grouper, angel, and lion. I was just showing some pics... and I wanted to know what you though of the health and color of the fish. Also if there was any other advice on how to take the pictures. I have another thread in fish discussion on "are these fish compatible" if you want to comment there too :)

puffer32

Your fish all look healthy, good luck with them. Just hope you know what you are doing with the mandrin, he can not flourish in that size tank, even if you are growing pods for him, just not enough rock work for him to hunt on.

babyb

dont some manderins eat brine and mysid shrimp, maybe you could try some of that instead of pods? idk

puffer32

brine shrimp has no nutrional value at all, and mysis is good IF your mandrin will take them, most won't, and if they do, its just to supplement their pod diet.

babyb

ya i know they have nothing to offer for nutrition but its a start and you can get them live and then try and switch over to frozen then to mysid shrimp

grumpygils

Originally Posted by BabyB
you do know that the panther grouper will get three feet long ?

Can anyone show me a PIC of a 3 foot long panther Grouper in an aquarium? A 2 foot one? An 18 inch one? Also, I am still waiting on th 16 inch Yellow Tang.
Mc

reefreak29

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Can anyone show me a PIC of a 3 foot long panther Grouper in an aquarium? A 2 foot one? An 18 inch one? Also, I am still waiting on th 16 inch Yellow Tang.
Mc