I Won!

brendap

I'm so excited
I was the grand prize winner at my LFS! A 55g tank w/light hood including: double biowheel filter, instant ocean, hydrometer, heater, test kit, there's probably more but I can't remember it all. I have a 12g Nano presently that's been established for a year and have had great luck with my water parameters and my livestock. I'm a little nervous about such a large tank, but to listening and reading to all other saltwater fish/reef friends the bigger they are the easier they are. Is this true? I will be cleaning the tank and getting my water ready this weekend. I love the cycling time because of the LR and LS. If I've learning anything at all during my newbie year, it is PATIENCE is the key to a beautiful and healthy tank :happyfish
I welcome any advice on setting up my new tank!

dogstar

Congrats...... :cheer:
How did you win ? Was it a drawing or did you have to do a dance..
haha.
Might want to think about an overflow and sump/fuge. A much better set up if you have the room ect. IMO, cycle and stock the new tank and let it get established befor moveing the nano into or keep both, not sure what your plans are.

my way

Yes a larger tank is easier to keep your water quality up. Seeing as you already have a working knowledge of running a SW tank, just apply it to a larger scale environment. I agree with everything Dogstar told you. Clean your new tank with water and vinegar then rinse well with plain water and be sure to post some pics of the progress!

hot883

Originally Posted by lt34
Congratulations :cheer:
So what did you have to do? Bob for lionfish?

Thats has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. ROLMAO!!

brendap

Originally Posted by mag395
What was the contest?
It happened to be Customer Appreciation Day at my LFS in Knoxville, TN :joy: So I filled out their form and forgot about it until I received a call a few days later telling me that I had won! The ironic thing was my wonderful hubbie was going to surprise me with one on my birthday in August (so he said :thinking: ) Now I'm thinking I can have the credit card to shop for equipment

Dogstar Bobbing for Lionfish is hard work... :scared:
Thank you hot883...btw hubbie and I ride a Kawasaki Concours

dmjordan

Congrats!
Don't let the hubby off that easy. Find out what he was going to buy and total it up. Spend that much on upgrades or corals you can put into your nano and grow until your new tank can support them.

lt34

Way to go!! I have never won anything that way. Bobbing for lion fish would be fun to watch though.

brendap

Originally Posted by alyssia
Congrats! I would dump the hydrometer though and get a refractometer.
Absolutely, that's my plan! My LFS demonstrated one and it's accuracy is unbelievable. I'll be moving my Nano to my bedroom and setting up the 55 in our living/dining room area.

brendap

Originally Posted by dmjordan
Congrats!
Don't let the hubby off that easy. Find out what he was going to buy and total it up. Spend that much on upgrades or corals you can put into your nano and grow until your new tank can support them.
I never let him off easy
and thanks that's a great idea

lt34

This is why I love this site, everyone is friendly and gives good advice and knowledge and is happy for others when something great happens.
I just got a refractometer and it is great. My plastic hydrometer was .008 off. :scared: