Iam getting kinda of scared!

lionfish28

:nervous: My V.lion is getting pretty big and my striped puffer is only 3inch,iam afraid that my lion wil eat my puffer.My lionfish never takes his eye off my puffer. My lion all ready ate my damsel and my damsel was 2 1/2 inches.My lion is about 4in.I keep my lion well feed.What should i do?should i get more live rock to protect my puffer?Should i trade my V.lion to the pet store?My puffer has lots of hiding places though,but sometimes my puffer will swim around the tank when he is sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont want to lose my puffer and i dont want to get rid of my lion.

chandler04

U spelled yer title wrong. Anyway, if the lion eats the puffer, say buh bye to both (puffers are posionous wen skin is ingested). That could be a problem. Choose one or the other. Yes, get rid of the lion, unless u are attatched....

pufferman

most lion won't eat puffers since they know puffers are poisonous. their inflatability also makes it hard for lions to eat them. unless you got a full-sized lion, it should be fine.

beach bum

take a deep breath and relax a bit man, it will not eat your puffer - if the sizes you gave are correct.

chandler04

Yes, actually, if yer fish have enough brains then it would know puffers are poisonous. The only problem wit the inflation is that the lion can just strike and not give the puffer enough time to inflate. Then the lion would die too. Or the puffer would inflate, somehow escape, and at the same time break the jaws of the lion???? He DID say the lion is eyeing it.... I guess this is all up to yer lion..... If u can, trade the volitan in for credit and get a harlequin tusk. Those are cool, and Ive seen em in 55s. Someone will probably:nope: to that though...

pufferman

55 should be big enough for a harlequin tusk, although not the most ideal size of tank....but you cannot have tusk anyway because your tank is already fully stocked or maybe pushing the limit.

chandler04

O my god ocean will u chill? Have u ever heard of internet slang? Spelling words differently although they seem the same? I was just jking to. Give it a break already. About the tusk. When it does get big, just trade it in for another. Same with the lion. U can keep a fish until it is too big, then just give it back:rolleyes:

triggerfish

when you choose fish for a tank you should want to keep them for life. Not to get a fish that will get to big then trade it in, this will just add stress to the fish.

badkharma

Originally posted by Chandler04
O my god ocean will u chill? Have u ever heard of internet slang? Spelling words differently although they seem the same? I was just jking to. Give it a break already. About the tusk. When it does get big, just trade it in for another. Same with the lion. U can keep a fish until it is too big, then just give it back:rolleyes:

LOL, you're the one that needs to chill. I'm sure oceanminded was joking as well. I was going to post what he did, but he beat me to it. :D
P.S.
BTW, I'm joking with you. No need to get flustered. I love your posts...always an entertaining read after a rough day at the office. :happy:

badkharma

Originally posted by Chandler04
About the tusk. When it does get big, just trade it in for another. Same with the lion. U can keep a fish until it is too big, then just give it back:rolleyes:

I agree. I had a juvi sailfin tang in my 60 until he started to get large - so before he got too big and stressed, I took him to my LFS, who now has him not-for-sale in their 300 gallon reef display... :) My blue hippo is also starting to grow quicker now, and in a few months it's back to the LFS for him. Mind you, I've had him for almost a year and he eats like a pig. I also just bought a 120 gal (I actually pick it up tomorrow! :happy: ) and hopefully I'll finish building the stand in a few weeks so it'll be good to go by the middle of august, hopefully. :)