ice cap 660 ???

morval

a few months ago i did a T5 retrofit setup with 4 bulbs and a ice cap 660 ballast. all was fine untill last week when the light would not go on. i do not have a switch wired in so i plug/unplug to the wall to turn on/off. so my delema is that for the past week when i try to plug the lights in the go on for about half a second then off, ive tried jiggling the wires and pulging it into other outlets all with the same effect. i have also looked at the fuse in the ballast and it looks fine to me no discoloration or breakage in it. any help is appreciated.

sly

It sounds like a problem with the ballast. I couldn't really tell you how to fix it... Maybe you could try different bulbs. If that doesn't work the contact Ice Cap. They may know how to fix the problem.

reefraff

Originally Posted by morval
http:///forum/post/2766193
a few months ago i did a T5 retrofit setup with 4 bulbs and a ice cap 660 ballast. all was fine untill last week when the light would not go on. i do not have a switch wired in so i plug/unplug to the wall to turn on/off. so my delema is that for the past week when i try to plug the lights in the go on for about half a second then off, ive tried jiggling the wires and pulging it into other outlets all with the same effect. i have also looked at the fuse in the ballast and it looks fine to me no discoloration or breakage in it. any help is appreciated.
When you plug it in watch the lamps. If there is one that doesn't flash the lamp is either bad or you have a loose/sorted wire on that circuit. If they all do or don't flash its probably a ballast. Ice Cap stands behind their products like few other companies. If there is a problem ship it to them and they will take care of it. I think their web address is icecapinc.com

acrylic51

I'd have to agree something possibly wrong with the bulbs or a loose/bad connection.....Don't tamper with the ballast itself.....IceCap is very reputable and tampering with the ballast will void all warranty.....Contact them they are top notch with service and general info, and if it turns out to be the ballast they are super and quick.....HTH