ich attack please help : (

sepulatian

The rock has to come out. We have told you that. Set up a rubber maid tub with SW, a heater and a power head. The rock HAS to come out. Formalin works well for black ich and brooklynella, not for Cryptocarryon irritans, AKA, white spot disease, AKA, marine ick.

I didnt add taht i'm going shoppin tomorrow for a rubbermaid tub. I was working way to long today and up to late with these fish last night lol I will get the rok out. DO i lower the salinity more? Here is what I read about the formaldehype aka formalin..... Is this wrong?
Formaldehype is most effective at ridding fish of common parasitic protozoan Black Spot, Clownfish, and White Spot marine ich infestations, as well as flukes, lice, and fungal diseases that both fresh and saltwater fishes can contract. Although a toxic chemical that is hazardous in its pure form, by purchasing and using a standard over-the-counter "formalin" product, typically a 37% solution of formaldehype diluted with water (compare prices), it's rather easy to treat ich diseased fish.
k

sepulatian

Where did you find that quote, without adding a link? Formalin successfully treats black ich and Brooklynella. Don't drop your SG any more before you remove the rock. Mix up some SW at a higher SG and mix that with some water from the display for your rocks. Lower the SG in the display more after the rock is out. Are you using a refractometer?

Just a hydrometer for now.. Any suggestions on what to order / purchase? I'll take care of what you've instructed tomorrow. :) Google this for where I got that quote .. Seems reputable How To Treat Ich Diseased Fish with Formalin

sepulatian

Originally Posted by SHORTBUSLDTANG
http:///forum/post/2588446
Just a hydrometer for now.. Any suggestions on what to order / purchase? I'll take care of what you've instructed tomorrow. :) Google this for where I got that quote .. Seems reputable How To Treat Ich Diseased Fish with Formalin
We are reputable. Please trust us, we would not steer you wrong. Fish cannot be exposed to formalin for extended periods of time. You will need a refractometer. Check this site first for one. If you don't find it then google it to find one.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by SHORTBUSLDTANG
http:///forum/post/2588476
I will buy one of those right away. Do you d isaagree with what that article said? Did you find it?
I am well aware of what formalin is used for and claims for it. I am also well aware of what actually is proven to treat ich.