ich in hypo???

roggy23

ok ive had my puffer in hypo for almost 4 weeks now.
i still notice anout 2-3 spots on his side fin that are clearly visible and maybe a couple more less visible on his back fin.
should all the ich die off by now? why does my fish still show slight signs of ich after almost 4 weeks of hypo. is the ich eventually gonna go away?
I am 100% sure ive been at 1.009 every day???
does it vary fish to fish on the amount of time for the ich to drop off and die?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You should not be seeing spots if the fish had ich and you performed the hypo procedure correctly. Did you use a refractometer? What is the size and shapes of the spots you are seeing?

roggy23

IT'S HARD TO SAY. THE 3 DOTS ON THE FINS SEEM A LIL BIGGER THAN ICH THEY ARE KINDA CLUTTERED NEXT TO EACH OTHER. I CANT TELL BUT IT KINDA SEEMS LIKE THE DOTS ARE YELLOW. WHAT SHOULD I DO BETH? THIS WED WILL BE 4 WEEKS IN HYPO.

roggy23

hey beth, also elfdoctor mentioned i might have a secondary disease maybe something like tail rot. I have to admit the water quality hasnt been that great in my QT but im sure ive been at 1.009.
If i still have some sort of infectiuon on my porcupine puffer what kinda antibiotics should i use. elf mentioned Maracyn 2.