Ich!!!!!!! Need Help Please

tarponiser

Been Fighting Ich For About A Week. No Improvement Im Using Garlic Extreem, Metronidozole, Ick Attack No Improvement. Turned Off The Skimmer, Uv, And No Improvement What Else Should I Do? My Powder Brown Is Full Of It And So Is My Hippo Tang. Checked My Water And All The Readings Are Good. Even Went To My Lfs And Had It Checked And They Also Said It Was Good. Onlt Thing Low Was My Calcium 400.

reckler

if you have other fish in the tank too, I would QT the two fish with ick in another tank. I have heard that fresh water dips work as well to get rid of the parisite's. in your QT tank you can lower the salinity to 26(1.019)-20.5(1.015). the parisites will die and fall off.

patandlace

If you're treating with hyposalinity you need to drop the salinity to 1.009 over two days. After the show no symptoms of ich keep them at that salinity level for 3 weeks. Then raise the salinity back up over the course of a week.

ophiura

Do not do hypo in a main system if you have Live rock or invertebrates.
What fish are involved
How many fish do you have
What are the specifics on your tank - age, SPECIFIC water parameters, filtration
There are only two for sure treatments for ick: hyposalinity and copper, neither of which should be done in a main display tank.
But you must find the cause of STRESS in the tank. It can be other fish, it can be water quality, it can be overcrowding. YOu must figure this out, or you may battle this a lot.
If you start listing some of the above info, it will help!

J

jesses89

You should try Stop Parasites. Does wonders. may save both your tangs. if its not too late of course.

reckler

Originally Posted by ophiura
Do not do hypo in a main system if you have Live rock or invertebrates.
What fish are involved
How many fish do you have
What are the specifics on your tank - age, SPECIFIC water parameters, filtration
There are only two for sure treatments for ick: hyposalinity and copper, neither of which should be done in a main display tank.
But you must find the cause of STRESS in the tank. It can be other fish, it can be water quality, it can be overcrowding. YOu must figure this out, or you may battle this a lot.
If you start listing some of the above info, it will help!
you are correct. Stupid me, I started bluting out things and didn't go into spacifics about it. I am sorry but I should have said that in my post. Thank you Ophiura..

acrylic300

It takes a long time with garlic....like two months. Then when it falls off the first time keep feeding it. It will have to go through 4 or 5 cycles of leaving and coming back. Each time it leaves it should come back a little bit weaker.