Ich on Flame Angel

I bought a small Flame Angel and Yellow Tang yesterday. Both looked in good health and ate like beast. Can someone please tell me how in the world the Flame shows signs of ich before the Yellow Tang. Both still look to be in great health and are still eating like beast. Any chance with my uv sterilizer the Flame knocks the ich off?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, no, UV is not a cure for ich. You have other fish aside from these in your tank??

chrisely24

Same thing happened to me a few months back, I too bought a small yellow tang and a flame angel the same day and 2 or 3 days later the flame was dead and the angel was covered in white Ich.

The angel was and my 2 large clowns were dead before I had a chance to finish the dt tank setup.

Sorry.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you will need to treat all the fish. Is your tank FO? Do you have a refractometer and a quarantine tank?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
If you do not any inverts or live rock, you could perform hyposalinity within the display. You should use a refractometer that will measure salinity and specific gravity as hypo requires precision.