Ich or Ick

crujones

I have a quick question...I just removed the carbon bag from my tank to start Ich treatment...it says that I should put more solution in there every 24 hours for 3 days. Should I leave the carbon bag out of the tank for those 3 days? Is this ok?

alyssia

Hypo is hyposalinity.It is the most effective cure for ich. The instructions are on the disease forum. You will have to treat the fish in a QT (quarantine) tank. If you do hypo on your main tank you will kill your live rock/inverts. I used to use rid ich on my freshwater tanks, I don't think that is for saltwater but I'm not positive.

olga

I noticed white spots on my Regal tang 4 days ago. I bought treatment: call OOdinex and was dripping this stuff in my tank according to instruction for last 2 days. Its suppose to be safe for inverts.
You need to switch off your skimmer and all filters. Its very concentrated deep green in color, and make your tank water green for hours.
Spots almost gone from my RT now ..but not all. I am not sure if its suppose to be like that, or this OOdinex does actually works. I will see in the few days time. if I am not going to see any improvement then I after take more severe treatments (lots of them, but still not sure where where to start).. Also my trates level gone high also, after I put OOdonex on the tank. Nothing dangerous, but they did raised quite a lot (from 0mg/L to 10mg/L)
Off to read Beth's advise about it.

mrdc

Hey Olga, is the stuff you are using by Aquasonic, Oodonex? I've searched a lot on ich "reef formulas" and log what I find on them. I looked up Oodonex and found this.
Not safe for use in aquaria containing invertebrate life. Might want to check your bottle.

olga

Originally Posted by mrdc
Hey Olga, is the stuff you are using by Aquasonic, Oodonex? I've searched a lot on ich "reef formulas" and log what I find on them. I looked up Oodonex and found this.
Not safe for use in aquaria containing invertebrate life. Might want to check your bottle.
MRDC..its OOdinex from Esha, you can Google for it, as it not allowed to post links here.
But from the instrictions, as well as from theirs website: I am copy and pasting:
"Safe to use in Marine aquariums containing invertebrates" (I know it does not make sense!)
However, as I said before, I don't know how effective it is yet, though it was improvment, but its to early to tell.