Ich problem. Please help

dynee12

I have a 30 gallon tank thats been up for about 2 months. I had purchased two fire fish gobies and a camel back shrimp from a lfs, some of the fish in there tank had ich. Soon after I placed them in my tank (about a week) my coral beauty had signs of ich, a couple of days went by and it got worse. I went to the lfs and bought some paraguard and added it to my tank which did no good. I then got me a hospital tank (10 gallon) filled it half with water from my tank then transferred all my fish over to it. Scooter blenny, two fire fish gobies, one damsal, one clarkii clown and one coral beauty. (I left my inverts in my display tank.) My fire fish gobies and scooter blenny had no signs off ich but I transferred them anyway. I am now lowering my salt to 1.009 by slowely added fresh water. it is now at 1.019 in my hospital tank. In my display tank my parameters are amonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20 and ph about 8.6 and salt 1.022 Are my steps correct so far? and could my fish have caught ich from the lfs? I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Why didn't my blenny or gobies catch ich? Sorry for all the questions but I must know
. My clarkii clown looks like hes not going to make it, he's eating but he looks like hes nothing but skin and bones, also one of my snails died and my long tenacle vert. is dying, could that be because of the medicine I put in the tank? Please Help.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Please read the posts on ich and hyposalinity in the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum. Don't add anymore meds to your display.
Hyposalinity is your best choice. I'm assuming you have no live rock, inverts??

gasman4433

You also might want to get some Kent Garlic extreme.It will make your fish eat better.If they are sick.It sounds like your clown could use it.It will boost appitite.And as long as you keep him eating he should pull through.My hippo tang had ick real bad and it kept her eating and she could not be doing better.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I definitely recommend the hypo. You will need an adequate way to measure salinity, preferably using a refractometer. 10 gal may be too small for all those fish.

dynee12

My clown died, I am hypoing my ct tank now. Its down to 1.009. How long sould I leave the fish in there. Theres a total of 4 fish in my 10 gal. can I add the ones that dont have ich back in my display? I will also try garlic