Ich Question

flipmodez5

Hey all,

Well I just noticed recently that my royal gramma has ich...I left him for like 2 days hoping that he would be able to heal himself and it looked like the ich was gone but unfortunately he got it again and never came out of the rock this morning...Thats when I decided to use Greenex and add a couple of drops today...I REALLY HOPE HE MAKES IT!
...He iz draggin himself across my sandbed and crappin this white stuff...he went back into the rock and it doesnt look good but I really hope he makes it...Does anyone have any idea what I can do to help him at this point???...I hate to see him in that pain!:nope:
Thanx

beth

Administrator
Staff member
He's not going to make it if you keep using greenx :nope:
What type of tank do you have, reef, FO? Please take a look at the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum and for the post on hyposalinity. You can treat in your display if it is strictly a FO tank, if not, then you will need to setup a QT/hospital tank. Info on QTs is also in the FAQ Thread.
Ich will not go away, it is a parasite. All your fish need to be treated.

smpross

Don't waste your time or money with the Greenex. IT DOES NOT WORK! If you read the threads on this board pertaining to Greenex. You will learn that at best it will turn your Silicone green and at worst it will kill your fish. The only two ways to treat ick are Copper and Hypo. Good Luck. Scott

flipmodez5

Hey all,

Thanx for all your help but I regret to say that the Royal Gramma passed away at 9:30 last night
...Man I hate ICH
...Well I have a 55gallon tank and its got like just about 20lbs of live rock...I have 3 peppermint shrimp, 1 camelback, 2 cleaner shrimp, 3 nassarius snails, 1 horsehoe crab, 1 cleaner wrasse and 1 clownfish...I had an anenome but I think it died too probably from adding that greenex...The fish look like there fine and so do my inverts...but my water is EXTREMELY cloudy...last time i got my water checked I had perfect water...altho it was still cloudy...sp was 1.023, pH 8.2, no ammonia, nitrate or nitrites....what should I do now??? should I treat the other fish??? I dont have a QT tank :nope:
Thanx again for all your help ppl :)