ich

S

sjsharks

about two weeks ago my fish got ich so i put it in quarintine. it seems that every time i add a fish they get ich. when would it be safe to put him back in?

chandler04

It would be safe to put him back in....when he has lost his ich. That;s pretty much it. Just let him get rid of it, and put him back in.

dburr

The life cycle of ick is 3-4 weeks. 4 to be safe. How are you treating the sick fish?

dburr

Is that copper based?
After treatment wait the 4 weeks before you put the fish back in.

dburr

Copper can be easily over dosed and it also disapates in air. Be careful with it. You have a test kit on hand to keep the levels right?

plasmah

I had ick in my 20 gallon fresh water tank and I cured it in the following way:
Up your water temperature to 85/86 F leave it like that for 2 to 3 days and ick will DIE! No chemicals or nothing needed.
The only thing you have to take into account is if you have fish that are really sensitive to water temps. This same treatment should work on saltwater fish just as good.
Why does this work?
At high temperatures ICKs metabolics are speeded up and they can't handle the high temps so they over stress and die.
Try it it works. All my fish are very healthy today none had any ill effects from the heat treatment.

mryg15

Someone please show me a picture of what ick looks like i've never seen it aand i want to know it when i do.

dburr

I had ick in my 20 gallon fresh water tank and I cured it in the following way:

Up your water temperature to 85/86 F leave it like that for 2 to 3 days and ick will DIE! No chemicals or nothing needed
I'm sorry, but fresh ick and salt ick are two different things. This will not work for his fish. In fact, it speeds up the cycle.
15, it looks like someone sprinkled salt on your fish. After a couple days, no salt and then it starts over again.