Ick in reef tank

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Katz
http:///forum/post/2490615
Florida Joe,
I have never had ich in my system before this. I have always QT my fish for six weeks. All of my fish except the two mention died over a period on four days due to stray voltage.
I think all the stress of losing all of his tank mates caused him to get ich along with the chromis.
I had the blue green chromis for almost two years and the Sailfin for almost four months..
Sepulatian,
I will be starting the hypo process tomorrow after I give them a day to get use to going from a 125 to a 20g tank.
I fresh water dipped both of them before putting them in the QT, so hopefuly that got some germs off of them.
I am sure that I will have a lot of questions as I start this process.
Katz
We will be here.

florida joe

Maybe this is something you should consider if you never had ick in your tank and you QT all your fish for 6 weeks with no signs of ick IMO “ there can be no ick in your tank” but it may be another parasite that is mimicking the white spots of ick in that case you may have to use a chemical treatment Stress can lower a fish’s ability to fight off the disease but it has to be present. It cannot manifest its self from stress alone