iCK

azndragon

my tank is 55 gallons. i have a clown trigger, foxface, left-over damsels when i started my tank. i have a angler that wont eat .. can anyone help me with that? i have had ick for 6 days and ive been treating it with "ick attack" It just disappears but then the next morning i wake up and fidn that the fish have ick again. so can anyone help me ?

corey21

I would QT and then use copper. I dont like hyposalinity personally it is to much hassle and if you dont keep your water just right it will come back and be a never ending cycle. they should start looking better in a couple days.

kcobain111

i'm having the same problem. My clown and Gramma have ich. i have been reading and some say a UV sterilizor will solve the problem. no one seems to disagree that but thinks it will hurt the corals by killing phytoplankton.
I think i'm gonna get one tomorrow

corey21

I was told that also but lost an emperor trying it.I would QT the fish use copper and still get a UV and put it on your main tank for a few days to kill the free floating parasites.But be careful on how long you leave the uv on in a day it will heat up your tank. You can buy plankton to add to the system.:)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
UV sterilizers will not solve an ich problem. UV sterilizers "may" help prevent ich, but once you have it, the UV will not cure ich.
Do you all have LR, inverts or corals in your tanks? If not, you can treat using hyposalinity right in the display [if you don't have a QT]. Check out the FAQ Thread for info on ich as well as hyposalinity.