Ick

matt48

I am starting to have it pop up on some of my fish I just did a 50% water change cuz I had my sale fin tang died last night had an ammonia spike because the clown fish I thought my see an enemy had eaten was actually under a rock what can I do to get rid of the egg I do have coral and I've already lost one fish my Emperor angel is acting funny he keeps laying on his side every now and then I got Metroplex also I've and focus to bind the medicine to the food iv done 50 % water change too

lmforbis

For ich you need to take the fish out of the tank and put them in quarantine then treat them for ich with either copper or hyposalinity. Angels can be sensitive to copper. You then need to leave your tank fish less (fallow) for 72 days to allow the ich to die off in the tank.

matt48

Can i set up hospital in one day using cycled water with out sand snd rock i need this done fast

lmforbis

Don't treat main tank the rocks and sand will absorb copper then leech it out later.
Make sure you have a copper test kit that is compatible with the copper you use.
Using tank water won't help with cycle but there will be no parameter differences for the fish so that is good. Get some bacteria in a bottle and soak a sponge you can put in the filter for an hour or so. Both sponges and bottled bacteria should be available at a ***** or lfs. Make sure it is intended for marine tanks. If also get an ammonia badge so you can monitor ammonia. Have plenty of premixed salt water for water changes when you se even a hint of ammonia.
Because you have at least one angel increase the copper slowly over a couple days. Test the copper levels as you increase it and regularly during the treatment.
DO NOT use any kind of water detoxifier (prime or similar products) while treating with copper it will make the copper much more toxic.

matt48

Thank you so much i had a clown disappear I thought my sea anameny had eaten it then I found it in the tank which causes an ammonia spike and my fish to get sick

matt48

Don't treat main tank the rocks and sand will absorb copper then leech it out later.
Make sure you have a copper test kit that is compatible with the copper you use.
Using tank water won't help with cycle but there will be no parameter differences for the fish so that is good. Get some bacteria in a bottle and soak a sponge you can put in the filter for an hour or so. Both sponges and bottled bacteria should be available at a ***** or lfs. Make sure it is intended for marine tanks. If also get an ammonia badge so you can monitor ammonia. Have plenty of premixed salt water for water changes when you se even a hint of ammonia.
Because you have at least one angel increase the copper slowly over a couple days. Test the copper levels as you increase it and regularly during the treatment.
DO NOT use any kind of water detoxifier (prime or similar products) while treating with copper it will make the copper much more toxic.
Just any sponge and will the seed bactra work

lmforbis

Any sponge meant for an aquarium filter. It would be good if it will fit in your filter. You will have to monitor the water quality very closely for at least the first couple weeks.