Ick?!

i always check on my clown fish every night and today I found 1-2 white spots at the end of the tail where it is clear... is it ick?! I dunno because I thought it starts where the gills are... should I treat the fish or what should I do? I can't get a pic of him cause he moves a lot wait nvm I got a pic(you will see them on the middle fin.

Attachments

lmforbis

I don't see anything. Doesn't mean it isn't there though. Have you added anything to the tank recently.

florida joe

Are you using sand in your tank? Not all white spot parasites are ick. Just out of curiosity what makes you think it starts at the gills?

The clown fish is in qt with a cleaner shrimp, I have no sand in it but i have some undizzolved salt in there, I saw it online and they say it start at the gills

florida joe

First whatever site you were on that said ick starts at the gills don’t go there anymore. What kills fish infected with ick in many cases is that the sheer numbers of parasites impact the gills. The parasites are opportunistic they will attach anywhere they come in contact with the fish. Let’s assume you do have ick. What method of treatment are you going to use?

First whatever site you were on that said ick starts at the gills don’t go there anymore. What kills fish infected with ick in many cases is that the sheer numbers of parasites impact the gills. The parasites are opportunistic they will attach anywhere they come in contact with the fish. Let’s assume you do have ick. What method of treatment are you going to use?
I have copper but don't have copper test kit... it's harder to do saltwater tank when your in a small town without anything related to saltwater

florida joe

Before you start either copper or hypo salinity you will need a test kit for the copper or a refractometer if you are doing hypo. Read up on both methods and there are many good companies that can supply all your needs on line

Before you start either copper or hypo salinity you will need a test kit for the copper or a refractometer if you are doing hypo. Read up on both methods and there are many good companies that can supply all your needs on line
I'll do hypo cause i have reframometer

I'm just really worried that it's just a design on the clown... can I wait till I am sure that's ick then do it or it will be better if I do it now?

lmforbis

You can wait and observe. If it is ich it will get worse. Although it tends to go away then come back as the parasites go through their life cycle. If it hasn't changed in a week it probably isn't ich. As long as you are ready to start treatment you should be fine.

You can wait and observe. If it is ich it will get worse. Although it tends to go away then come back as the parasites go through their life cycle. If it hasn't changed in a week it probably isn't ich. As long as you are ready to start treatment you should be fine.
Got everything ready yesterday just waiting now