ICU back to QT

moopiespoo

The sick trigger I had in the hospital tank has recovered fully and is now residing in my friends tank. As my main tank is nearing the end of it's cycle after a complete re-setup, I am thinking of restocking. My question is do I need to re-set up the hospital back to qt being I had 2 deaths in that tank. I housed the sick trigger in there and used hypo and stresscoat. No meds. Would the disease still be in there? I have large rock as substrate and a few pvc pipes. Do I need to replace these? I hope I am making sense. If I do need to re-setup would I stearalize the tank w/ bleach?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if the trigger is ich free and just came out of the QT, then the QT must be ok. How long was the trigger disease free in that tank?

moopiespoo

The disease wasn't ich, I did the hypo back when I had my puffer in there because my first instinct was that it had ich. Anyway the trigger started looking better the beginning of last week and I assumed he was cured. I traded him to a friend and she said he is doing great. I have never had to use my qt as a hospital tank, this is why I ask if I need to re-setup. I understand what you're saying though, nothing needs to be done and it's ready as a qt.