ID Corals Please!

steveohh

I picked these corals up from "a friend of a friend" who was tearing down his tank. They look very healthy & have adapted well to my small nano, but I'd like someone here to ID them so I can do more research on them. They are the green & purple ones in the lower left corner. Thanks for all the help & for such a great site!!
:jumping:

oceana

Originally Posted by SteveOhh
I picked these corals up from "a friend of a friend" who was tearing down his tank. They look very healthy & have adapted well to my small nano, but I'd like someone here to ID them so I can do more research on them. They are the green & purple ones in the lower left corner. Thanks for all the help & for such a great site!!
:jumping:

from the pic(not sure becasue it kind of far) but i think i see a GSP and a goniopora

steveohh

Here's some closer pics w/ all the pumps & filters off..................

And a pic of my buttons that turned out pretty good.................

oceana

yes they are GSP and goniopora. could be alveopora count the tenticals to be sure.
looks like a big one to. very tuff to keep but if you get a very healthy one it goes a long way in being able to keep them.

steveohh

So what are your recommendations on keeping the goniopora healthy & happy? It's definately in good health now as it was fully opened within 6 hours of going into the tank. I'd like to keep it just as happy & healthy as it is now.

oceana

Originally Posted by SteveOhh
So what are your recommendations on keeping the goniopora healthy & happy? It's definately in good health now as it was fully opened within 6 hours of going into the tank. I'd like to keep it just as happy & healthy as it is now.

that is not fully open. that thing can fill up that half of your tank. lol
as far as care thats the problem. we dont really know that much about them yet. so care seems to be hit or miss.

hagfish

They do have very long tentacles when fully open. I suggest doing a lot of research on it if you want to keep it long term. Very few people have had success after 6 months though, some make it a year. I think I read they may prefer high nutrient systems, which of course is what most of us are trying not to have.