ID help please

KateB

For about a week I noticed a zoa frag partially closed, but nothing else unusual. Yesterday I noticed this strange growth(?) on one side. I touched it and it seemed spongy, and I am not sure if I pushed it or or moved to the side. This morning it was back up where it was before and looked bigger than previously. I know the picture is not great but it’s near the back of the tank and only about 1/2 the size of my little finger nail, so this is the best I can get. (And actually better than I can see it with my own eyes)
Any thoughts are appreciated. I’ve googled every hitchhiker ID I can think of and the only thing close was a baby rock flower and a baby torch. But not sure if either were a perfect match. Maybe wait to see if it gets bigger?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

KateB

Does it move? Around the coral?
Apparently so! I didn’t think it did because it had been in the same spot. But yesterday I didn’t see it and thought maybe it got eaten by a crab or something.Today I looked and it’s not on top of the frag. Tried to get another shot but it’s just so tiny and in an awkward place.

Attachments