ID / ideas please!!! My Creepy crawler cave?!?!!?

cableguy

Florida rock.
So about 2 weeks ago I see an area under a rock has been cleared a little of sand, kinda like a small cave. So one day I see something move. It is a hairy crab, kinda looks like a green algae crab (forgot the name) but i cant tell if it green, but it does have very hairy legs.
So just now in that same cave there was something moving, so Im watching and it something is friggin moving but my eyes cant see what it is. So after staring at it for a couple of seconds I see it1!!!!! It looks like a giant fish tounge or something. It is like .5 inches wide and about 1-2 inches came out from under the rock and slowly slithered up the rock. It is near clear on the outsides and then has a dark center, kinda looks like a spine..?? It came from something under there becasue I never saw anything besides this "tongue". Its also VERY flat, like thinner than a penny.
What the hell is it? I tried getting a movie of it moving but its just too dark. It went back under and hasnt came out since. Im VERY curious what it is.

cableguy

So it just came back out and it is shaped like a bandaid. It is only like 2 inches long and is VERY thin. I thought it was part of something bigger, bit that was its whole body. It just slithered around the side of the rock.

ibanez

I have seen bristle worms get flat like that, The crab could be a teddy bear crab, or bristle worm crab, but is something you should probably try and remove if you get the chance.

cableguy

It didnt look anything like a bristle worm, it was very smooth on all of its sides.
It kinda looks like a teddy bear crab but its claws are a little smaller and not hairy. I think it is some way related to a Emerald crab.

cableguy

Originally Posted by IbanEz
http:///forum/post/3269845
Did it have black tips on the claws?

I will have to watch for it again and let you know. I did grab a pic of it so I will post it up. But that thin slimey looking thing I could barly see it so I def could not get a clear pic.

cableguy

Its funny you asked about that yesterday.
I went home and sure enough he molted and there was a claw broke off in front of the cave and sure enough it had black on the tips.

cableguy

Originally Posted by MissNano
http:///forum/post/3270288
Sounds like a gorilla crab, which can be bad depending on what all you have in your tank.
Yeah I gotta keep an eye on him... I dont think his claws are that big but again I didnt get a great pic.. he never comes out.