I'd like to convert from FOWLR to a nano reef tank

fishzen

Ok Guys, here is what I got.
20 Gal
2 65W PC with moon lite
Lots of LR and LS
Power head for water movement with diy spay bar (not the best looking thing but moves the water around)
Penguin without the bio-wheel for water movement and to hold the carbon that I run for more or less a week every month
2 clown fish (percula)
1 fire shrimp
1 green crab
blue legs hermits (6-8) and snails (4)
Water:
Ph- 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Cal 400
I'd like to have some corals, but was wondering if I got enough light. I'd like also to get an idea of the type of corals that can be housed in my tank (if possible).
Having a little problem with hair algae, so I'm thinking on adding a lawnmower blennie, is it posible ?? one of the clowns has been with me since the beggining (Aug-2001) the other for about year and a half, both are small.
Thanks.
:)

sandman12

Ur set. I would start out with some zoos or shrooms. U cna haev LPS,softies, and the basic stuff. Sure u can add the LMB.

sandman12

WHat? my LMB would eat algea sheets like crazy. He owuld guard them all day and not let my tang touch them.

fishzen

Ok Guys, thanks for the input, I will check on the info about the LMB, if its going to be at risk then I won't put one in. What about lettuce nudibranch (sp) ? will they also be at risk of starving ? how good are they on controlling green algae ?
What about the corals ? I just had one reply (thanks Sandman !) I would like to hear more options (if posible !).
Thanks.:D