ID Naso Spots

dragonboy

Here are the the spots my Naso Tang has are these stress or some type of a fungus? It doesn't look like ich to me anyone know what this might be?

kowaleski

look up Beth's page on here about diesaed fish- looks like it may be losing color- which could be a indication of it being stressed
how long of you had him?
and are water parimeters ok ?

dragonboy

Well this fish probably just came in when I got it from the fish store it had stress marking already on it but once the stress circles go away he gets these white markings on him. Could it also just be very sever stress which cause him to lose color. My parameters should be fine as this tank use to be a reef tank and I ran it for 3 years and now all the corals are gone. Now its converted to a FOWLR and I had two other fish in there for over 2 years.

sean48183

Not stress spots that I have ever seen. Looks like some kind of infection. I would feed him a little heavier over the next couple weeks. Might recover from this to be a healthy normal fish. Try turnip greens from the grocery store. My naso goes mad for this.

dragonboy

Originally Posted by sean48183
http:///forum/post/2927454
Not stress spots that I have ever seen. Looks like some kind of infection. I would feed him a little heavier over the next couple weeks. Might recover from this to be a healthy normal fish. Try turnip greens from the grocery store. My naso goes mad for this.
He's eating well so you think the turnip will help with its healing process?

-tara33-

mine come in like this, but lots of nori sheets soaked in fresh crushed garlic and algae flakes with vitamins added to mysis, and he will be ok but keep thye light of for a while or only an hour or two a day!

sean48183

Yeah I recommend turnip greens from the grocery store. My naso goes mad for it and I get great growth from my tangs with it.