ID of two corals please.

saltyreef7

Could someone ID these two corals I have and also their requirments as of placement, anotherwards high or low current...high or low light...etc.. Thanks so much any help would be great as I want to keep them happy!!!!!

fedukeford

first is some type of gonipora, probley will not live for very long
2nd is some type of leather, medium light low-medium flow

shnabbles

No body knows for sure what the gonipora need to survive... and in captivity most only last in a tank 6 months or less... some people have been on record for keeping them alive longer then that but is few and far between

saltyreef7

Mankind still has much to learn about the ocean..... I think if the Gonipora cannot survive in captivity then man should not make them available until we know how....just my opinion.... So what do you all recommend on keeping my leather healthy??? I have some good ideas but would not mind some feedback from some experts out there???? Thanks!!!!!!

pyro

Do a search on the goni, you'll turn up a wealth of not so certain information, but there is a ton there. I've found the search button on these forums to be a huge help. Good luck!

dogstar

Leathers IMO, are some of the most hardiest, easiest corals available in the hobby. Really just keep the tank healthy with good lighting and they do great. That one looks great. They feed from light and leftover nutriants from fish food.

dogstar

Originally Posted by reefer75
It is a Spaghetti Finger Leather Coral. Nice looking one at that.
Yep, thats it.
I think the scientific name is Sinularia . Yours is maybe S. flexibilis or S. mollis.
The exact species gets hard with fingers sometimes.
They grow into beast. I have fraged my Green Sinularias a few times.