id on crab please

ghandalph

This thing hitched a ride in a lr some time ago and I finally found him when he was to big for the hole he was living in. He is hiding under the rocks now and will come out a little bit when a hermit wonders by him. I did see him picking at one once. Im debating whether I should catch him and take him out or not, I just have a fish and lr tank 55g with a clown and a butterfly which he doesnt seem to pick on.

donald

If you are going to add shrimp and corals I would get him out. He looks kind of like a stone crab to me. Stone crabs will tear up everything, they dig under rocks and will knock over anything. The standard response is remove it untill you know for sure it is 100 percent safe. If a crab has two tone claws, "dark tips and body colored arms" he is not reef safe. Also if a crab has sharp pointed claws then he is considered not reef safe. Hope this helps.

darknes

Originally Posted by SAMBASAM
he looks like a pepperment shrimp.

I'm going to say it's definitely NOT a peppermint shrimp.

tangwhispr

i dont know. he looks like a peppermint shrimp. HEY does he like to eat aptasia?
Are you on crack???? how does that crab look anything like this

sambasam

Originally Posted by TangWhispr
Are you on crack???? how does that crab look anything like this

I dont see a differance it looks to me like you copied the original picture of the peppermint shrimp in the first post and posted it again? so whats your point?

darknes

I dont see a differance it looks to me like you copied the original picture of the peppermint shrimp in the first post and posted it again? so whats your point?

You may be a crackhead, but at least you have a sense of humor.

I couldn't agree more with you "SAMBASAM". But you might be mistaken, it could also be Darth Vader from "Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith".

srfisher17

actually that looks more like a fire shrimp, but i could see how you think its a pepperment shrimp.
Maybe a Fire Island Shrimp? BTW, SAMBASAM, is that big weasel on your avitar a Fisher, the only real predator of porcupines?

reefkprz

I think I just wet myself laughing.
this has gotta be the funniest thread I have read in a long time.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by ghandalph
This thing hitched a ride in a lr some time ago and I finally found him when he was to big for the hole he was living in. He is hiding under the rocks now and will come out a little bit when a hermit wonders by him. I did see him picking at one once. Im debating whether I should catch him and take him out or not, I just have a fish and lr tank 55g with a clown and a butterfly which he doesnt seem to pick on.
I was thinking maybe a gorrila crab

sambasam

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I was thinking maybe a gorrila crab

are you insaine? that is a peppermint shrimp. i would say get atleast 2or 3 more they like to live in groups.(heres a tip though they enjoy salami as a midnight snack.)