ID on this coral??

blindmelon

This guy that I buy my corals and fish from all the time tells me its a toadstool at the store...its a soft coral and Ive got everything to provide for it so I bought it, but I was just wondering what kind of coral it is??

blemmy_guy

it kinda looks like a cats paw, but not sure, its a leather of some sort. probly??? lets see what others say too.
looks good though no matter what it is! :jumping: .
todd

blindmelon

Thanks for replyin' dude, 24 hours after it's been put in the tank it's already started to expand alot, but i still wish I could know the freakin' name of it. It definitely bites when someone comes over and asks "nice coral man whats the name of it???" and I say "no clue dude" haha

wax32

Just tell 'em Sinularia sp. or Sarcophyton sp. That's the genus' leathers fall into and makes ppl who know less than you think you know more than you do!
If I had to guess I'd say Sarcophyton elegans

blindmelon

Haha thanks man I guess thats as close as Ill get it. It seems to be doing really well in my aquarium which is and always will be my biggest concern, so I can't say I'm not happy lol

wax32

I'm glad it's doing well. How about the other corals in your tank? I hear some other corals have problems with the chemicals released by leathers.

blindmelon

All 6 of my other corals are doing great except for my bubble coral, but I think my coral beauty has been picking at it!!:scared: :scared:
I always see that little

[hr]
picking at it but I think it'll be okay until i move it......:D