ID Please and my new rics.

the_buzz_m

I noticed this thing on my clam yesterday. I also noticed another one on a rock last night. Sort of looks like a starfish, but with too many legs. I would love to know what it is and anything I need to know about it.
I also am showing off a pic of my new rics, which are also the first I have ever owned. I think they will make a nice addition.
Thank you very much!!
the_buzz_man

auntkaren

Congrats on the ric! Does it luminesce? I got one as a frag, it was just the size of a dime. In a few months it's grown to about silver dollar size and just glows and glows under the moonlighting! Enjoy yours it's beautiful!

reefreak29

Originally Posted by My Way
It looks like an Asterina (Sp?) Most all of them are harmless.
yes there pretty common hitchiker

maxalmon

Doesn't look like any Asternias I've ever seen, plus it's seven legged. Almost every Asternia I've ever seen is 5 legged, but I'm no expert....Far as being harmless, they like to suck the life out of zoo's

the_buzz_m

Originally Posted by maxalmon
Far as being harmless, they like to suck the life out of zoo's
Please let me know if this is true. I just got finished losing a bunch of zoos to a sundial snail. I had just a few survive and don't want to lose them too.
the_buzz_man

reefreak29

Originally Posted by maxalmon
Doesn't look like any Asternias I've ever seen, plus it's seven legged. Almost every Asternia I've ever seen is 5 legged, but I'm no expert....Far as being harmless, they like to suck the life out of zoo's
i believe they can have up to ten arms

reefreak29

Originally Posted by the_buzz_m
Please let me know if this is true. I just got finished losing a bunch of zoos to a sundial snail. I had just a few survive and don't want to lose them too.
the_buzz_man
teve never touched my zoos

maxalmon

I had an outbreak of them a couple months back, really small, 5 legged about 1/4 inch. Every morning they were sitting on top of my zoo's, took me about a week of pickingthem off, they would not touch anything else except my zoo's, they ate a few.

philgmiami

I JUST LOVE THESE KINDS OF SHROOMS.. THEY HAVE MORE THEN 1 COLOR.. MINE HAS 4 COLORS
....DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THIS RIC?.. I BOUGHT IT AS A FRAG ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO FOR $9
. I CANT WAIT TILL IT SPREADS!!. ITS MY FAV SHROOM OF ALL OF MINE :joy: