ID Please Majano???

prohopper

Best picture I could get. I have been trying to kill these things with Joe's juice but they seem to keep coming back. This one just appeared out of nowhere next to one that I got with Joe's juice a few days ago (you can see the shriveled stem up and to the right).

btldreef

Not completely sure, but I have had some of my majano's start out looking like that. I'd keep an eye on it for a little while.

btldreef

edit (since that function isn't working!)
You've been trying to kill these with Joe's Juice? Majano. A paly wouldn't spring right back. My majano's are hard to kill and even pasting them with Aiptasia X and piercing them doesn't always work and they seem to pop right back out again within a few days.

prohopper

Well I bought a syringe and tried the boiling water trick. Lets see if that works. I know that some people have good luck with peppermint shrimp eating aptasia is there anything that will eat majanos?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prohopper http:///forum/thread/384890/id-please-majano#post_3374035
Well I bought a syringe and tried the boiling water trick. Lets see if that works. I know that some people have good luck with peppermint shrimp eating aptasia is there anything that will eat majanos?
Sometimes Copperband Butterflies and Matted Filefish will, but like any critter, once they realize there is a steady food source (the tank being fed fish food), they usually stop picking at the nuisance anemones. I have a Copperband and a Filefish, the copperband really never picked at the anemones, and in the beginning the filefish ate some of the smaller ones, but has since learned that mysis tastes better

prohopper

well unfortunately i only have a 14 gallon biocube so both of those fish are out of the question. I guess i will continue to battle using the syringe. Thanks for the replies