ID please!!

fishytim

the tank was due for a water change...
so i took about 2 gallons and added another 2 into a big bucket, poped in a power head...
after a couple of days without too much food he should be ready to come out when i put a couple flakes in.. then i will snatch him..
anyone think a LPS would give me anything for him?

T

tizzo

You said after a couple of days without food... Does that mean that you have no other livestock in the tank?? Cause if you do, he will eat it. You can dip the rock in freshwater or hypersaline water. That will usually cause them to come out. As far as the LFS, some sell them, so they might pay you for him. If not you could try the classifieds on this sight!! Good Luck though!!!

T

tizzo

Oh, duh:notsure: I get it now... The whole thing gives me the heebie-jeebies!!!! First time I saw one in the LFS, I thought it was so gross. Is there a fear of Mantis shrimp?? Like, mantisnophobia?? LOL Good luck though!!

fishytim

I did not know what it was and really I wasnt all that concerned. When I finally found out what it was the next day my cleaner shrimp was MIA. I found it's tail today....

T

tizzo

Eeeeewwwwweeee, that's so gross!!!! Those things are NASTY!!!!! But well, some people keep them as pets. I would be afraid for the safety of my family. Like that thing would crawl out and attack all o' us in the middle of the night!! Those and cirolanid isopods, ugh!!!!!

motameto

wow that is so wild. I have been to my local library and found video coverage on mantis shrimp. You should have seen the look on my face when the store told me to buy mysis shrimp for my mandarins.
Then it hit me she's talking about mantis. duh

T

tizzo

I hope you typed that in backwards. And you realize that she was NOT talking about mantis to feed your mandarin... LOL:eek:

killafins

Originally posted by FishyTim
update,
my skunk cleaner shrimp is MIA
I got to catch the peice of crap.. and send him to his new aquarium in the pipes...

Your gunna flush it? That's just sick... what is wrong with u people... is it that difficult to take it to a LFS? god, it's just wrong